Wae Rebo is the famous Manggarai’s traditional villages. Precisely located at Satar Lenda, Satamese Barat district, Manggarai regency, Flores Island of East Nusa Tenggara. The resident in Wae Rebo comes from Modo Tribe. This custom village ever got a reward from UNESCO for the conservation of culture heritage on 2012 years ago. The local residents still defend the tradition and culture from generation to generation. Wae Rebo Village is beautiful and amazing, covered by a thin haze all over the village makes Wae Rebo deserve the epithet ‘town above the clouds’. Geographically the village is situated above an altitude of 1,200 meters above sea level.
In Wae Rebo Village there is a ceremony to welcome guest named Waelu Ceremony. The point of the ceremony is kind of welcoming the visitor and this will be done by the leader of tribe. They will welcome and pray for your goodness and safety during your visit to Wae Rebo Village. Perhaps, it sounds strange for foreign but this is kind of tradition and there is nothing wrong to accept it.
Please read our 2 days 1 night wae rebo program below :
Day 1. Labuan Bajo – Lembor village – Narang village – Denge village – Wae Rebo village (L,D).
- early morning picking up service at your hotel in Labuan Bajo, west Flores
- drive to Lembor village to see the largest wet paddy-field in west Flores
- drive to Narang village southern coast of west Flores
- drive to Denge village as a starting point to walk up to wae rebo village
- start trekking up for 3 hours to impressive and unique traditional village of Wae Rebo.
- Lunch on the way, Dinner and overnight at Wae Rebo village.
Day 2. Wae Rebo Village – Denge village – Narang village – Lembor village – Labuan Bajo (B,L).
- Simple breakfast at Wae Rebo village and enjoy the Wae Rebo village, by interacting with the local community to learn about their way of life and their unique culture before leaving the village
- going back down to Denge village to get on car
- drive back to to Labuan Bajo. Lunch will be served on the way. Drop you off at your hotel in Labuan Bajo. End of your Wae Rebo Village Tour.
Price : On requested
- private AC coach with driver
- accommodation at Wae Rebo village (one of traditional house used as Guest House)
- an experienced english speaking tour guide
- Meals as mentioned on the program (B/L/D) Mineral water+coffee,+tea during trip,
- Donation &Entrance fee at tourism objects
- Meals & Accommodation for guide & driver
- Service charge.
- Hotel in Labuan Bajo
- Soft & Alcohol drinks
- Extra food stuffs
- Insurance and Personal Expenses.
Something to bring during Tour:
Long pants, long sleeves, towel, insect spray, sun protection, trekking/walking shoes, portable flash flight, Rain coat (when it’s rain), Sweater/Jackets, sleeping bag, Camera/Video Camera, IDR in Cash for personal expenses, and other important things during your travel which unmentioned here.